Dates: 01.08.2022 – 31.07.2023
Location: Bremen, Germany
Hosting Organisation: Freie Hansestadt Bremen Senatskanzlei (Free Hanseatic City of Bremen, Senate Chancellery)
In collaboration with the Senate Chancellery, we are looking for one volunteer from the following countries: Latvia, Turkey, Poland. Preferably from the cities Riga, Izmir or Gdansk but you may also apply if you are connected to one of those cities in a certain way.
About your hosting organisation
The Department of International Relations and Development Cooperation of the Senate Chancellery of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen is responsible for city partnerships, international networks and development cooperation. This is where the international relations of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen come together and are coordinated. The department supports all actors, both within the administration and in cooperation with a broad network of non-governmental organisations, civil society initiatives, cultural institutions, schools, universities, companies and many others in achieving common goals. Important cross-cutting themes that run through many of the partnerships are the implementation of sustainable development goals, joint remembrance and reconciliation work, education and youth empowerment or issues of integration and inclusion. Twin cities are Gdansk, Riga, Haifa, Izmir, Durban and Dalian. Bremen is linked with Windhoek through a city friendship, and there is also a country cooperation with Namibia.
As a volunteer you will have an opportunity to:
- Work in a multicultural group of experts from different areas.
- Help strengthen partnerships with youth exchange.
- Reach new target groups through social media or help increase the visibility of the networking activities of the international work in Bremen.
- Develop your own ideas and turn them into a project.
You can apply, if you…
- … are a resident of the cities Riga, Izmir or Gdansk or have some sort of connection to one of these cities.
- … between 18-30 years old (on the day you start your ESC)
- …are vaccinated against COVID 19
- … can communicate in English (B1 or more) and/or German (A2 or more) and/or are willing to improve your foreign language skills
- … have a high level of motivation, desire for self-development and readiness to work with different age groups
- …take initiative and want to implement your own project idea
- … love to be creative and motivated about making a positive change in society
- … are an open-minded person, motivated to work in a team and with people from different religious, cultural and social backgrounds
In short, this ESC project will give you the opportunity to learn and gain experience in a new professional environment, develop your self-awareness and knowledge about people with different backgrounds, learn more about a new culture and language, find your strengths and interests in an unforgettable, unique year in Bremen! The voluntary service is financed by European Solidarity Corps The mission of the ESC is to bring people from different backgrounds together to form a society based on mutual acceptance, solidarity and cohesion.
Any questions? Please contact Lina at email@example.com.
If you would like to apply simply fill out the form below. You will be asked for you own project idea, take you time to think about it before filling the form.
Başvuru yapmak için TIKLAYINIZ.
Application Deadline: 01.05.2022